Each request to measure installs and/or events must be authenticated. The authentication method requires a public key (Consumer Key) and signature seeded with a Private Key. These two keys are associated with a user’s single API Key.
- Private Key – This is the Private key that will be used to generate the signature on both the client and server but will not be included in the request.
- Consumer Key – This is the public key that will be included with each request so the Private Key used to create the signature can be identified. NOTE: Please contact your TUNE Sales Engineer to obtain your Consumer Key.
When the Measurement API receives requests, it will use the Consumer Key and Private Key to re-generate the hash and determine if the signature provided with the request matches the re-generated signature. Invalid requests will be rejected.
To obtain your Private Key to send requests to the TUNE APIs:
- Log into your Attribution Analytics account.
- Under the Accounts section, click Users.
- Click on the user you want to add an API key for.
- On the API Keys tab, click Add API Key.
- OPTIONAL Provide the IP address of the device that will be using the API key.
- Click Save.
NOTE: You must have Full access to your Attribution Analytics account to create/edit API keys. To learn more the various levels of permissions, please read Defining User Roles, Permissions and Access.